Established in 1947, Elboya is located southwest of Calgary. It is bordered by the Elbow River to the north, 50 Avenue S to the south, Macleod Trail to the east, and Elbow Drive to the south. Elboya was annexed to Calgary in 1910.
Since it is bordered by Elbow River, a lot of the homes in this neighbourhood are on the riverfront. But the river's pathways are for everybody in the neighbourhood. The river provides a refreshing respite for people's busy lives.
Along Elbow River is Stanley Park, which also provides a place where people can have a picnic or play sports. The park has tennis courts, a large sports field, and playgrounds. There are seasonal waterfalls, too.
Another feature worth mentioning is that Elboya is served by St. Anthony, a catholic school, and Elboya Bilingual Elementary and Junior High, a public school.