Point Mckay used to be a part of the town of Montgomery. It was annexed to Calgary in 1963 but was established as a neighbourhood as early as 1911. It has a great inner city location as it is bordered by Bow River to the south and Bowness Road to the north.
Across Bow River is Edworthy Park, which has five kilometres of biking and hiking trails with Bow River as the focal point. A bridge connects the park to Point Mckay, which gives residents a chance to just walk to the gorgeous park.
Residents of Point Mckay are served by the University School and Queen Elizabeth High School. For those looking to shop or eat, there are a lot of boutiques and restaurants along 16th Avenue and Parkdale Blvd. More options are in the nearby Market Mall.