Rutland Park was formerly known as Sarcee Park when it was annexed to Calgary in 1910. It was eventually established in 1952 as Rutland Park.
The neighbourhood is surrounded by major roads wiht Richmond Road bordering it to the north and Glenmore Trail to the south. It is also bordered by Crowchild Trail to the east and 37 Street W to the west.
The lone school serving the neighbourhood is Sir James Lougheed Elementary. The Rutland Park Community Association provides citizens with productive activities, some of which are very effective in providing young children and teens an outlet for their energy.